Without adding a call and response, keyword data capture captures only mobile phone numbers.
Here's how to collect first names, last names, email addresses, screen names and even custom data through a stream of responses.
- After logging in, hover over the collect contacts and click on create a new mobile signup keyword.
- Next, enter your mobile keyword and select a distribution list,
- Then, enter an auto response- the message that will automatically be sent to the subscribers once they text in your keyword. You will notice further down the page that there is a data capture check box. Check data capture and select the types of contact information you wish to collect. You can choose one or all types of contact info by selecting it from the dropdown menu and clicking add.
- After pressing add you will see a message box appear where you can enter the auto response that will be sent to the subscribers after they text in their response. Once the subscribers respond with the first name, they will receive the message you put in this compose message box.
- Finally,click create to start using the mobile keyword data capture.
Watch our video here (requires login):
This video will teach you how to collect much more than mobile numbers with keyword opt-ins. Learn how you can collect first names, last names, email addresses, screen names, and even custom data with a simple text.